NADA is a not-for-profit members-led organization established in 1995 as a result of the rising rates of diabetes in Aboriginal communities.
NADA envisions diabetes-free people.
To achieve this vision NADA will be an open, independent, grassroots prominent organization that is the driving force in:
- Raising awareness about diabetes and Aboriginal peoples among Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal peoples in Canada.
- Advocating for programs and services for Aboriginal peoples affected by diabetes.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles to prevent the onset or complications of diabetes for all Aboriginal peoples.
To be a leader in addressing diabetes in Aboriginal people as a priority health issue through advocacy and education.
Our Goals and Objectives
- To support individuals, families and communities to access resources for diabetes prevention, education, research and surveillance.
- To establish and nurture working relationships with those committed to persons affected by diabetes.
- To inspire communities to develop and enhance their ability to reduce the incidence and prevalence of diabetes.
- To manage and operate NADA in effective and efficient ways.
- To be the driving force in ensuring diabetes and Aboriginal people remains at the forefront of Canada’s health agenda.
At the National Aboriginal Diabetes Association we value:
Aboriginal communities and families are at the centre of what we do.
Respect of diversity, culture and traditions of the people we work with.
Honour and validation of experiences, wisdom, NADA’s history, knowledge around us, and cultural differences in building relationships.
Caring and sharing in how we approach people, families and Aboriginal communities in our work.
Integrity in the way we strive for excellence and quality in the work that we do. We are accountable in taking responsibility for all that we do, in building efficient operations and in promoting a wholistic approach to our activities.
Aboriginal community and family are at the centre of what we do in connecting NADA with its members and their Aboriginal communities.
Freedom to represent the best interests of diabetes and Aboriginal peoples.
National Aboriginal Diabetes Association Inc.
B1 90 Garry St
Telephone: (204) 927-1220
Toll Free: 1-877-232-NADA (6232)
Fax: (204) 927-1222